Young Trappers Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hay Guys need some help with otter & mink

4 posters

Go down

Hay Guys need some help with otter & mink Empty Hay Guys need some help with otter & mink

Post  little fisherman Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:03 pm

OK i have got a place that is full of otter and mink but i have got no clue of how to catch them i got lucky and caught one otter in a stake set but in was intened for fox or cat these critters have been trapped before so if u can tell me something just a little diffirent and the mink i am completely clueless. i set out conabears but they just go around them this is otter
Please help Thanks
little fisherman
little fisherman

Back to top Go down

Hay Guys need some help with otter & mink Empty Re: Hay Guys need some help with otter & mink

Post  ray12 Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:30 am

cannot really help you about otter .and i am not a good mink trapper but for mink try a mink box baited with fresh fish or crayfish , the opening of the box should not be allot bigger that a #110 conibear cover the box with grass or sticks make it blend in if there are mink around you should connect but like i said i am not a good mink trapper Very Happy

Good luck
ray12
ray12

Back to top Go down

Hay Guys need some help with otter & mink Empty Re: Hay Guys need some help with otter & mink

Post  MT Cat Trapper Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:34 am

for otter i believe you can do kinda a dirt hole on the bank with like crawdad oil/fish oil with either a conibear or a foothold on a drownder.. But im by far no expert!
MT Cat Trapper
MT Cat Trapper

Back to top Go down

Post  minnesotascott Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:50 pm

Mink are ssuckers for pockets sets. I like my pockest rather large, about 6" across and a foot deeper or better. For bait, fish(no guts), rat meat. Any brush tangle up in the stream or along the shore will attact mink. At these spots I like to poke a hole, 4-6" size, at water level all the way through the pile. I normally set a foothold at each end. Mink will also travel under the bank over hangs, great spots for blind sets.

minnesotascott

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down